Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekly totals


I set out on what I thought was going to be a "promising" grocery trip today--I had my coupons and shopping list ready and I was excited to save some money! Well, when I got to Publix, the free milk I was going to get was gone! How does a grocery store run out of milk?? Then I hurried over to the health and beauty aisle to pick up some free razors and shaving cream and guess what?? Gone! Ugh, I was so frustrated. But I just sucked it up and gathered the rest of my groceries and I did a good job of sticking to my list. All in all it wasn't a bad trip--$110.41 worth of groceries for $61.37, a savings of 45%. I wasn't too disappointed because I have a bunch of stuff in my stockpile to ensure that I won't have to do a "big" shopping trip in July, especially since we will be at the beach for a week soon.

A few highlights of today's trip include:

4 blocks of Cracker Barrell cheese
On sale 2/$6
Used 4 $1/1 coupons
Final price: $2 each
I was excited to find these because we love this cheese and it's great to have on hand for company!

2 Eggo waffles
$1.99/each
Used $1/2 manu coupon
$1/2 Publix coupon (found in today's paper--had to use up the manu coupon before it expires this week)

2 boxes of Ritz crackers
BOGO $3.39
Used $1/2 coupon

Tons of produce for our new "eat healthy" initiative in our house!

Till next time...!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate when that happens. I went back for more milk on the last day of the sale and they were all gone too. I got a rain check, now if I can just reemmber what I did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a rain check, I just hope I can remember to use it!

    ReplyDelete