Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Good day at Publix!

Ok, so I've been couponing over a year and it still confounds me that people can get their totals down so low. I usually save in the 50% range, which is great, but for someone who has been doing it for so long now and who understands how the system works, I would hope that I could be one of those "look at me! I spend $.75 for $300 worth of groceries!" Not so much--today I went to Publix and spent $14 for $35 worth of groceries. Not bad, but I hope some of you out in "blogland" can re-inspire me or show me how you do it. I didn't realize until I got up to the register that my Cabot coupons were for $1/2, I thought they were $1/1--oh well, we can always use cheese! Here's the breakdown:

3 Eggo waffles
BOGO at Publix this week
$1/Target coupon
$1/2 manu coupon *blinkie*
Final price: Free

4 International Delight coffee creamer $1.99
2 BOGO *blinkie*
4 $.55 coupons/yellow advantage flyer
Final price: $.45 each

3 Cabot cheese $2.00
$1/2 yellow advantage flyer
Final price: $5.00

1 Cascade dishwasher detergerent $4.99
No coupon

Total savings: $21.00 or 60%

1 comment:

  1. I am there with you on wanting to learn how to walk out of the grocery store with paying zero to hardly anything for an abundant amount of groceries! That would be nice! I have only been couponing for a short time I believe it has been 3 months or so... still a beginner here. I did however make a nice trip today! Still a lot out of my pocket but it was still a great amount saved! You did great!

    ReplyDelete