Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Friday Finals

Whew! It has been a crazy couple of weeks. Last Monday, I started not feeling well at work and by the time I got home, I literally couldn't function. So I went to the doctor the next day and found out I had the flu! Who gets the flu in the summer time? It was a miserable week and I would not wish that on my worst enemy! Luckily, I started feeling better by Saturday, which is when we left for the beach. We had a wonderful time and Mattie loved the beach and the ocean! She liked the swimming pool ok, but she's so independent, she wanted to float on her on without us trying to help her. That made it a little challenging since she is only two and has not really been swimming too much! On to my grocery shopping for the week--I did a big stockpiling trip yesterday. I spent a little more than usual, but I think this will keep us stocked up for awhile. I saved about 50% with coupons--do I detect a pattern here? The last several weeks, I have always saved right at 50%. I hope that the rest of the month (thru the end of August), I will just be able to shop the sales andmy percentage will be a little higher.
Here's what I got for $74.80 (saved $73.50):

Some highlights include:
4 Crest toothpaste:
On sale 10/$10
I used 4 $.50 coupons, which doubled to $1 so I got 4 tubes for FREE!
Finish Automatic dishwasher starter kit
Found on sale for $4.99 (originally $9.99)
There was a $3 blinkie coupon in front, so I got this for $1.99!
I've been wanting to try it but not for $10--I think I can handle a $1.99 though!
4 Lysol All Purpose Cleaner
BOGO $2.69
Used 4 $1/1 coupons
Final price: $.34/each
Between this and the recent Windex sale, we are good and stocked on household cleaner!
I also stocked up on meat yesterday. I got 1 picnic roast (I put in the crockpot with bbq sauce to make pulled pork sandwiches--delish!), 2 packages of fajita meat, 1 package of bone-in pork chops, and a package of ribs. Add that to the ground beef and chicken breasts already in my freezer and I think we're good to go for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment